Notice: tennis can be played under Alert Level 3. Conditions apply.
We trust everybody has been keeping well during the lockdown and are keen to play some tennis.
The New Zealand government has decided that tennis may be played as long as social distancing, contact tracing and other conditions can be met.
The club committee has decided to re-open the tennis club for temporary, limited hours starting Tuesday 28 April.
The initial hours will be 10am-1pm and 3pm-6pm on weekdays, and 2pm-5pm on Saturday and Sunday.
We take the responsibility for letting players use the club safely seriously so have gone beyond the safety guidelines recommended by Sport NZ and Tennis NZ. This requires us to have someone on-site to manage people arriving, to confirm who is playing, and to remind people of the conditions for play. We will be charging members a small fee to cover the cost of having this managed supervision.
Conditions for play
The following process needs to be strictly adhered to in additional to any broader Alert Level 3 protocols (including social distancing and staying local).
- Play can only be casual play between people within the same or extended bubble. No exceptions.
- You must book a court online to play. This can be done via the club website or the ClubSpark booking system. (sign-up and payment required) Link: https://clubspark.kiwi/CampbellParkTennisClub/Booking/BookByDate
- The booking form page has a link to a contact form which must be filled out in-full with details of each player, along with confirmation of bubble restrictions.
- Players are asked to wash their hands thoroughly before leaving home and bring hand sanitiser which is to be used on arrival and departure.
- Players are to alert the on-site manager from outside the gate by the hitting wall before they are invited to enter.
- Please keep a minimum 2 metres away from anyone on site, including when on court.
- The tennis club is under control of the staff-member present. Their instructions are to be followed at all times.
- Players are to bring their own equipment and balls, and not touch or share with anyone else.
- The clubhouse cannot be accessed under Alert Level 3 conditions, nor can the drinking fountain or seating be used.
- While at the club, please don’t touch any walls, fences, seats, doors etc. Tip: if you didn’t bring it with you, don’t touch it.
- No spectators or family are permitted inside the court area. They must wait outside or in their car.
- If you are a non-member, or playing with a non-member you will be asked to show some ID on arrival.
The privilege to play tennis comes with the responsibility to adhere to some necessary rules. Please enjoy your tennis, but be aware that this privilege may be removed at any time. With luck we will be back to full playing conditions in the near future. Until then, let’s play safe.
Any questions or emergencies, please call Dwayne Cleugh, Sparta Head Coach, on 0274434282.